2022 Football Camp for the Stars Welcome Guide
If you have registered for the 2022 Football Camp for the Stars, we’re excited to have you. Here are some crucial things you should know about this year’s event:
As you already know camp is Friday, June 3 and Saturday, June 4. Here are some things you should know about this year’s event:
- All activities are on the Valley Christian Schools Skyway Campus. The address is 100 Skyway Drive, San Jose 95111. Parking is available in Lot D, which is directly across from the football stadium
- Camp Dress
- Black/dark shorts or sweat pants, tennis shoes or cleats. You will receive a team jersey when you arrive on Friday morning. Please wear the same jersey on both Friday and Saturday. It can be windy on the field in the early morning, so you might want to bring a jacket or sweatshirt.
- Please arrive on Friday between 8:30 – 8:45 am. This gives you time to check-in, meet your coach, and have pictures taken prior to the beginning of camp at 9:00. Camp officially ends at 1:00 pm on both days.
- Included in the registration fee is a banquet on Friday night in the VCS main gym. It’s an all-sports theme this year. Dress for the banquet is casual, or come dressed with your favorite team or player apparel. Each athlete and cheerleader may be accompanied to the complimentary evening by up to four guests.
- 15th Annual Football Camp for the Stars All Sports Banquet will take place on Friday, June 3, 2022 from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at the Valley Christian High School Gym.
- Banquet tickets are complimentary for athletes and their guests.
- Come dresses in your favorite sports attire or as your favorite player.
- All parents, chaperones and friends are invited to attend a complimentary reception/breakfast at 9:00 on Saturday morning. The breakfast will be served in the student life center immediately adjacent to the football field. Our guest speaker will be Regina Reilly from the Bay Area Housing Corporation, which advocates for creating new housing opportunities for people with developmental disabilities.
- The camp will conclude with an awards ceremony and luncheon on Saturday following the scrimmage. Lunch will not be provided on Friday.
- COVID Protocols
- Vaccinations are strongly encouraged for all participants.
- Proof of vaccination* will be requested during check-in on Friday morning.
- Athletes and cheerleaders who do not have proof of vaccination will be asked to submit to a rapid COVID test. Upon a negative test result, the athlete/cheerleader will be allowed field access.
- Vaccinations are strongly encouraged for all spectators.
- Proof of vaccination will be required before entrance to Friday night’s banquet, the Saturday morning breakfast and the awards luncheon at the conclusion of the camp.
- Parents/guests who do not have proof of vaccination will be asked to submit a rapid COVID test. Upon a negative test result, entrance will be given to all camp activities.
- COVID tests will be available at the registration table following athlete/cheerleader check in.
- Proof of a negative COVID test within the last 48 hours will be accepted in lieu of proof of vaccination.
- ****The above protocols may be changed to reflect the Santa Clara County mandates in place at the time of the event.